/ Category / Managing my Enrolment

Ask - /category/1308/managing-my-enrolment/

Welcome to ask.unimelb

Ask a question using the search bar above, or select from the categories below to browse relevant FAQs.

Search: Managing my Enrolment

Results: 141

  1. Fee Account Statement

    What is the Fee Account Statement and how do I obtain it?

  2. How can I check my fees and payments?

    Checking your balance

  3. Fees- Statement of Liability

    What is the Statement of Liability and how do I obtain it?

  4. Changing your name and details

    How do I notify the University of a change to my name or personal details?

  5. Fees Due Dates

    When are my fees due?

  6. Updating Contact Details

    How do I update my contact details?

  7. Fee Remission in special circumstances

    Can I get my fees or student contribution remitted if I withdrew late or failed a subject due to special circumstances?

  8. Fees - Student Invoice

    What is the Student Invoice and how do I obtain it?

  9. Commonwealth Supported Places

    What is a Commonwealth Supported Place (CSP) for Australian undergraduate students?

  10. Applying for a refund

    How do I get a fee refund?

  11. Statement of Enrolment

    Can I get a record of my enrolment details?

  12. Student Services and Amenities Fee (SSAF)

    What is the Student Services and Amenities Fee (SSAF) and do I need to pay it?

  13. Elective Subjects

    What is an elective / optional subject?

  14. Sanctions

    What is a sanction?

  15. Unable to enrol in subjects or change Study Plan

    How can I get help if I am unable to enrol in subjects or change my Study Plan via my.unimelb?

  16. Fee payment methods

    How do I pay my fees?

  17. Student card troubleshooting FAQ

    I'm having issues getting my student card. What can I do?

  18. Summer Term Subjects

    Where do I find out which subjects are available in the Summer Term?

  19. Paying international tuition fees

    How do new International students pay their tuition fees?

  20. Course progression rules

    What are course progression rules?

  21. Intensive Subjects

    What are intensive subjects?

  22. Enrolment Declaration

    What is the 'Enrolment Declaration'?

  23. Deferring the SSAF

    Can I defer the Student Services and Amenities Fee (SSAF) through SA-HELP?

  24. Summer Term Enrolment

    What is a Summer Term enrolment?

  25. Notification of Change of Citizenship/PR

    I have just received my Australian Citizenship/Australian Permanent Residency. How do I notify the University?

  26. Full Time/Part Time

    Can I change from full-time to part-time (or the other way around) in my course?

  27. Fee Date Extensions

    Can I get an extension on the due date for my fees?

  28. Applying for FEE-HELP

    How do I apply for FEE-HELP?

  29. Core Subjects

    What is a core subject?

  30. Student Number

    Where can I find my Student ID Number?


    What is HECS-HELP?

  32. 'Course' and 'Subject' Definition

    What is the difference between a 'Course' and a 'Subject'?

  33. Subject withdrawal options tool

    What are my options for withdrawing from a subject?

  34. Withdrawing from subjects
  35. Requisite Waiver

    How can I get subject prerequisites or corequisites waived?

  36. Non-VCE Subject Prerequisites

    How can I get my non-VCE study approved as prerequisite study so I can enrol in my first year subjects?

  37. Understanding the Study Plan and Subject Enrolment
  38. HELP Balance

    What is my HELP balance?

  39. Absence from Class

    What should I do if I can't attend all my classes?

  40. Study Plan - changing subjects

    What do the terms 'choose' and 'change' mean?

  41. Fee Paying Instalments

    As a fee paying student can I pay my fees in instalments or change my instalment option?

  42. FEE-HELP

    What is FEE-HELP?

  43. Part-Time Study

    How is part-time study defined?

  44. Subject/Course Change Deadlines

    What are the deadlines for subject and course changes?

  45. Transferring from a domestic Full-Fee paying place to a Commonwealth supported place (CSP)

    I am a domestic graduate coursework student in a Full-Fee paying place, can I transfer to a Commonwealth Supported Place (CSP)?

  46. Applying for HECS-HELP

    How do I apply for HECS-HELP?

  47. TFN and HECS-HELP

    I don't have a Tax File Number but want to apply for HECS-HELP.

  48. Changing Subjects Post-Enrolment

    Can I change my subjects after I have enrolled?

  49. Commonwealth Assistance Notice

    What do I need to know about Commonwealth Assistance Notices?

  50. Calculating Tuition Fees

    How are my tuition fees calculated?

  51. University Dates

    What are the University's key dates?

  52. CSP Payment Options

    What are my student contribution payment options?

  53. Overdue Fees Penalty

    What late penalty is charged for overdue fees?

  54. Different types of subjects

    What different types of subjects are there?

  55. Fee payment methods

    How do I pay my deposit or Overseas Student Health Cover?

    (OSHC - International students only)

  56. Early Exit Awards

    What is an Early Exit award?

  57. University Handbook Subject Page

    What information is available from each subject page in the Handbook?

  58. Exchange application processing

    How can I track the status of my exchange application?

  59. Handbook Subject Key Dates

    What key dates are listed for subjects in the Handbook, and what do they mean?

  60. Enrolment Lapse Date

    What is the Enrolment Lapse Date?

  61. Credit points

    What are credit points?

  62. Re-enrolment
  63. Prerequisites and Corequisites
  64. Non-credit Exemptions

    What are non-credit exemptions?

  65. Cross-Institutional Study

    Can I take subjects from another university to count towards my course at Melbourne?

  66. Enrolment cancellation and reinstatement
  67. Enrolment Overloading
  68. SSAF Sanctions

    What can I do if my enrolment has been sanctioned because I have not paid the SSAF or requested SA-HELP by the deadline?

  69. Handbook How-To

    How do I use the Handbook to choose subjects?

  70. 100 points of Identification

    What counts as 100 points of ID?

  71. Non-allowed subjects

    What is a non-allowed subject?

  72. Understanding Subject Codes

    How can I determine the subject year level and study area from the subject codes in the University Handbook?

  73. Thesis Format
  74. Student Contribution Amount

    What is a Student Contribution Amount?

  75. Submitting your Thesis

    How/where do I submit my research thesis?

  76. EFTSL

    What is EFTSL?

  77. Student Obligations & Census Dates
  78. Leave/Time off from Study
  79. Timetable Dates
  80. Gender identification for trans and gender diverse students

    How do I change my gender identifier or name in my.unimelb?

  81. Returning to a research degree after absence

    I am returning from leave of absence, sick leave or maternity leave from my research degree. What must I do?

  82. How to get your student card
  83. Student Card Rules and Use
  84. CHESSN

    What is a Commonwealth Higher Education Student Support Number (CHESSN)?

  85. Extra Subjects

    How do I take extra subjects beyond the normal completion limit for my course?

  86. Exchange/study abroad study plan statuses

    What does the status on my exchange/study abroad study plan mean?

  87. Preparing Thesis Submission

    I am almost ready to submit my thesis. What should I do now?

  88. Reduced Study Load
  89. Points and Subjects

    How many points are my subjects worth?

  90. Paying A Student Contribution

    What happens if I do not pay my student contribution amount 'up front' by the census date?

  91. Late re-enrolment fee
  92. Contact Hours per Subject

    How do I know how many lectures, tutorials or other classes are in a given subject?

  93. Subject Availability Definition

    What is a subject availability?

  94. Leave from Research
  95. Enrolment and International Students
  96. SSAF Eligibility Queries

    I have doubts over whether I should be charged the Student Services and Amenities Fee (SSAF) - why am I being invoiced?

  97. Handbook Course Page

    What information is available from each course page in the Handbook?

  98. Timetabling - Full Classes
  99. ISIC Applications

    Where do I go to get my International Student Identity Card (ISIC) application form authorised?

  100. Post-Thesis Submission

    I have submitted my research thesis for examination. Can I still use my University email account?

  101. SSAF and Graduate Research Students

    I am a graduate researcher. What do I need to know about the SSAF?

  102. Incomplete enrolment
  103. SSAF and Tax Deductions

    Is the SSAF (Student Services and Amenities Fee) tax deductable?

  104. Enrolling in subjects

    How do I enrol in subjects?

  105. Breadth Tracks

    What do I need to know about Breadth Tracks?

  106. Research Progress Reports

    Do graduate researchers have to complete research progress review forms?

  107. Last date to withdraw without fail
  108. Majors, Minors & Specialisations
  109. Enrolling into subjects
  110. FEE-HELP & Bridging Programs

    Is FEE-HELP available for Bridging Programs?

  111. Deferring Fees Eligibility

    Can I defer all or some of my student contribution amounts or tuition fees?

  112. How to choose subjects and plan your course
  113. Reduced Study Load applications
  114. SSAF per Subject

    Why is the SSAF a flat fee and not charged on a pro-rata basis depending on how many subjects I'm enrolled in?

  115. No Available Classes
  116. Paying Library Fines
  117. Commonwealth Support Request Status

    My Request for Commonwealth support and HECS-HELP (or FEE-HELP) is 'Submitted - Awaiting approval', what does this mean?

  118. Adjusting the Study Plan
  119. Breadth subjects
  120. Viewing My Timetable
  121. Mandatory & Optional Fees

    I have both "mandatory" and "optional" fees showing on my invoice.  What is the difference?

  122. Help with Choosing Subjects
  123. Timetable help
  124. Research Leave Quota

    How much leave of absence can I take from my research degree?

  125. Study Plan Status Definitions
  126. Understanding your study plan
  127. Resolving a Timetable Clash
  128. Thesis Writing Help
  129. Exam dates and personal timetable
  130. Census dates
  131. Class Timetable
  132. How to solve timetable problems
  133. Fees overview
  134. Failing a teach-out subject

    If I fail a subject that is being taught out, how will I make up for it?

  135. Check your subject census dates
  136. Build your Orientation itinerary
  137. Replacement student card
  138. Quota Subjects
  139. Course Advice
  140. Re-enrol now for 2019
  141. The Student Charter