Ask - /faq/5043/subject-availability-definition/Go back a step
Subject Availability Definition
What is a subject availability?
A 'subject availability' is a particular offering of a subject, specific to:
- a study period and year
- a teaching location
- a delivery mode (On Campus, Off Campus or Online)
For example, a subject may have multiple availabilities in the same study period:
- 2021, Semester 2, Parkville, On Campus, OR
- 2021, Semester 2, Southbank, On Campus OR
- 2021, Semester 2, Parkville, Online
Subject availability information can be found in the Handbook (particularly under the Dates and Times section of subject entries), and in your Study Plan via my.unimelb (underneath subject lines).
- the Handbook will say that the subject is ‘not available’ in the given year
- there will be no availability information in your Study Plan (no drop-down menu will display underneath the subject line).
Where a subject is currently available, it may be offered only once (in which case it will have only one availability) or more than once (in which case it will have more than one availability).
For queries about subject availability, please contact the Subject Coordinator, as listed in the Handbook.
Always check the University Handbook for up-to-date information on subjects you are considering including in your Study Plan.