Ask - /faq/6212/placement-summary-letter-for-mgse-students/Go back a step
Placement Summary Letter for MGSE students
How can I order Evidence of Supervised Teaching Practice?
What is Evidence of Supervised Teaching Practice?
Supervised teaching practice is the compulsory component of an initial teacher education (ITE) program where student attends a school or early childhood setting to undertake a supervised teaching placement.
If you have completed an ITE qualification from Melbourne Graduate School of Education and need to provide evidence of the supervised teaching practice you undertook, the Graduate School's Placement Office can issue an official statement in the form of a Placement Summary Letter:
It is important to find out what documentation is required with the organisation (e.g. embassy, tertiary institution, registration body) that has requested evidence of your supervised teaching practice and that this will meet their requirements.
What is the Placement Summary Letter?
A Placement Summary Letter is an official statement on University letterhead that details:
- the year the supervised teaching practice occurred
- the duration of the supervised teaching practice completed
- the setting in which the practice was completed
The Placement Summary Letter is signed by an MGSE representative
How to request and timeframes
Email your request for a Placement Summary Letter to:
- Master of Teaching (Early Childhood): email@example.com
- Master of Teaching (Primary): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Master of Teaching (Secondary): email@example.com
The request should include
- your name and student ID number
- the course you completed, including stream (for example early childhood, primary, secondary) and the year of completion
- if you have completed your studies, an email address to send the Placement Summary Letter to
Placement Summary Letters take around five working days to prepare after your request has been received. The letter will be emailed to your university email address, or other address as nominated if you have completed your studies.
Delays can occur if:
- you do not submit the required information
- your request is for study before 2011
Placement Summary Letters cannot be produced for:
- years prior to 2005
- any failed placement subjects
- any elective subjects that included a placement in a school or early childhood setting
Placement Summary Letters for incomplete courses
If you were enrolled as a student at Melbourne Graduate School of Education previously and completed at least one compulsory unit of supervised teaching practice a Placement Summary Letter covering the placements you completed can be issued.