/ FAQ / Undergraduate Arts subjects taught overseas

Ask - /faq/2928/undergraduate-arts-subjects-taught-overseas/

Go back a step

Undergraduate Arts subjects taught overseas

Which undergraduate subjects offered by the Faculty of Arts involve overseas travel?

You can undertake a subject supervised and conducted overseas by University of Melbourne staff.

A list of undergraduate Arts subjects that are taught as single subjects overseas can be found on the Faculty of Arts website.

Most, but not all, programs are offered through Australians Studying Abroad (ASA), who act as a de-facto travel agent, taking deposits and other charges from students. Payment of a deposit to ASA is a condition of enrolment in the subjects.

Information on the programs, offered at Melbourne (and other Universities) through ASA, including fees and what is included in fees is available online. For queries about travel, reservations, forms, tour fees, or other travel information, contact ASA.

If you take a University of Melbourne subject which is taught overseas, you will be liable for the subject fee plus the costs associated with travel, such as flights and accommodation. The subject fee is incurred in Australia and can be paid (or deferred if eligible for HECS or FEE-HELP) in the same way as subjects taught locally at the University of Melbourne. The subject fee will also cover any tuition you receive at an international institution as part of the subject curriculum.

As most subjects have limited places due to accommodation and teaching constraints, a quota usually exists, with preference given to students enrolled in degree courses. You must make sure you have completed any prerequisite subjects.

If you have questions about subject content or assessment, contact the subject coordinator for advice.