Ask - /faq/946/Go back a step
Applying for a refund
How do I get a fee refund?
You can apply for a refund of a credit balance in your student fee account by lodging a Refund of Fees Application.
The University will only issue refunds where:
- The money to be refunded has been received and entered into the University's accounts;
- All other debts owing to the University (such as library fines or student loan fees) have been repaid; and
- The course or subject withdrawal has been processed where applicable.
The University will issue refunds:
- By Electronic Funds Transfer, international bank draft or telegraphic transfer;
- If payment was made by credit card, refund will be paid back to that credit card where possible.
- In Australian dollars; and
- Within 10 - 15 working days of receipt of application for refund.
The Refund of Fees Application form can be lodged by email to Fees. Proof of identification is required; current students must email the request from their University email account. Non-current students must attach a certified copy of an identification document such as passport or Driver's Licence.