Ask - /faq/946/Go back a step
Applying for a refund
How do I get a fee refund?
The University will only issue refunds where:
- The money to be refunded has been received and entered into the University's accounts;
- All other debts owing to the University (such as library fines or student loan fees) have been repaid; and
- The course or subject withdrawal has been processed where applicable.
The University will issue refunds:
- By Electronic Funds Transfer or telegraphic transfer;
- If payment was made by credit card, refund will be paid back to that credit card where possible.
- In Australian dollars except where the international bank procedure states otherwise; and
- Within 10 - 15 working days of receipt of application for refund.
Please note: proof of identification is required if you can no longer access your University of Melbourne student email account. Non-current students must attach a certified copy of an identification document such as passport or Driver's Licence.
How to apply
Once you've submitted your fee refund form, you will receive an automated confirmation of your refund application form submission via email