/ FAQ / Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE)

Ask - /faq/233/confirmation-of-enrolment-coe/

Go back a step

Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE)

What is a Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE)?

The Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) is an official document issued to international students by universities in Australia. The CoE is required by the Department of Home Affairs for the purpose of applying for a student visa. It confirms that you have accepted a place in a course and have paid your tuition fees and Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) or are enrolled in a course at a registered provider.

Commencing international students

Your CoE will be issued within five to ten working days of receipt of your completed International Student Acceptance and Payment Agreement. If you haven't received your CoE after ten business days, please contact Stop1.
If you are an Exchange or Study abroad student, you will receive your COE within 10-15 working days. If you haven’t received it after 15 days please contact the Global Learning office or your home university study abroad office.

Current international students

If you are unable to complete your course, for approved reasons, by the due date on your current Confirmation of Enrolment, you must apply for a new Confirmation of Enrolment and then apply for a new student visa a few weeks before it expires.

To request a new CoE, complete the Confirmation of Enrolment online form.