/ FAQ / Seeking a review of a Result

Ask - /faq/2910/

Go back a step

Seeking a review of a Result

Can I seek a review of the result I was awarded?

Students may seek a review of a result they were awarded as detailed in the Assessments and Results Policy. Before seeking a review, you should seek feedback on the assessment from the subject coordinator.

After doing so, and if you feel there has been an error in academic judgement by an examiner, this can only be pursued within the faculty by seeking a review from the original decision maker. This will be either the course coordinator or the academic who assessed the work as listed in the LMS or the Handbook for the subject and for that teaching period.

The chair of the Board of Examiners may review the matter and determine whether the original mark was appropriately reached. If your assessment task is remarked it may be regraded higher or lower as re-marking is done without reference to the original mark or the examiner's comments.

Decisions based on academic judgement cannot be appealed and are not subject to complaint.

Where a complaint about a procedural matter has not been resolved by the Dean or Associate Dean, students may escalate the complaint to the Academic Registrar. Escalated complaints will be considered in accordance with the Student Complaints and Grievances Policy. If dissatisfied with the outcome of the complaint a student may lodge an appeal with the Academic Secretary in accordance with the Student Appeals Policy.

Relevant policies and procedures