/ FAQ / Public Transport Victoria iUSEpass refunds

Ask - /faq/6294/public-transport-victoria-iusepass-refunds/

Go back a step

Public Transport Victoria iUSEpass refunds

How can I get a refund for an iUSEpass?

You can request a refund for your iUSEpass by completing the below steps. It will take around four weeks to process this request, as the University will need to liaise with Public Transport Victoria (PTV) on your behalf.

Considerations before applying for a refund

The amount of refunds is based on the number of balance days remaining after the last day of the card used (touched on to travel). PTV has advised that if there are under 40 balance days remaining on the iUSEpass then $0.00 will be refunded back for the pass. This is because when you buy a 365 day pass you only pay for 325 days (getting 40 days for free). You can easily check how many balance days are left on your pass as well as how much myki Money they have by simply “touching on” at a card vending machine at any station or by calling the PTV Call Centre on 1800 800 007.

iUSEpass holders are also now able to apply for a reimbursement for an unused portion of their pass if they meet the relevant criteria. If you wish to apply for a reimbursement for an unused travel portion but would like to keep using your iUSEpass then please don’t submit a refund request. Please apply for a reimbursement by either calling the PTV Call Centre on 1800 800 007 or by applying online at the PTV myki refund or reimburse page. Each reimbursement claim will be investigated and judged on its merits. Please follow below procedures if you would like to go ahead with a refund application.

How to apply for a refund

  1. Complete a Student Reimbursement Request form, including bank account details to indicate where you would like the payment to be made
  2. Submit your filled and signed Student Reimbursement Request form, and a photo of the back of the myki card (where your photo and details are) that you purchased with your iUSEpass, with this form.
  3. Upon receiving your request, the University will contact PTV to confirm the refund amount and organise to transfer the amount to the bank account supplied.
  4. Check your University email account for correspondence about your refund request.

iUSEpass help

For more information on the iUSEpass including troubleshooting tips, visit the Public Transport Victoria website.