/ FAQ / University Accommodation

Ask - /faq/6271/university-accommodation/

Go back a step

University Accommodation

I'm interested in University Accommodation. What's next?

University Accommodation offers students an environment that supports academic success and nurtures personal development. University Accommodation is committed to making your move to Melbourne easier and providing you with high-quality student accommodation close to the Parkville Campus. All accommodation offers will reflect this commitment.

Prospective and current students can apply for purpose-built accommodation through this program, which includes new accommodation at 303 Royal Parade. 303 Royal Parade is the University of Melbourne's very own premier student accommodation facility. Students living at 303 Royal Parade will enjoy access to dedicated on-site staff providing high-quality pastoral care, wellbeing and support services, and a regular program of academic, social, sporting and cultural activities. 

If you have medical conditions, disabilities or special accommodation requirements, there are a variety of accessible rooms available for different requirements. You will have the opportunity to provide details in your application.

Program application details - accommodation preferences and application deadlines

You will be able to select your accommodation preferences as part of your application, but it is not guaranteed you will be offered accommodation at the exact location contained in your preferences.

Consider and select your accommodation preferences carefully during your application. Once you have submitted your application you will not be able to update your preferences.

If you are a VTAC applicant (Domestic and International Onshore students with a VTAC ID), you do not need to have received your UoM VTAC offer letter before applying.

You must submit your application by the application deadlines.

How do I accept my offer of an accommodation place?

Your offer of accommodation will be emailed to you. To accept your offer, you will need to return to the accommodation portal and reopen your application. You will then be able to see details of the accommodation you've been offered and respond to the offer. Detailed instructions and further information will be provided in your offer email.

What happens if I accept my offer and then want to change my room type, or decide to defer my course?

Please contact your accommodation provider directly to discuss any required changes. If you wish to change your room type, your accommodation provider may charge additional fees and there is no guarantee that an alternative place will be available.

Information for applicants under the age of 18 years

Students under the age of 18 years are eligible to apply for accommodation through this program, but restrictions may apply. You will only see accommodation providers accepting students under the age of 18 in the online application portal. You can view the full list on the University Accommodation website.

If you are an international student under the age of 18, you must ensure that accommodation is arranged prior to your arrival in Australia, as a condition of your Confirmation of Appropriate Accommodation and Welfare (CAAW) and Confirmation of Enrolment (COE).

If you are currently a student at Trinity college foundation studies or Hawthorn Melbourne on a packaged offer and become eligible for a University of Melbourne course, you will need to have University of Melbourne approved accommodation. This means that if your current accommodation is pre-approved as per the list available on the International students under the age of 18 years page, then you will be able to continue staying in the same accommodation. Otherwise, contact the University's Under 18 International Supervision team.

Further queries and assistance

Register online to start your University Accommodation application, login to track and manage your application, or visit the University of Melbourne's accommodation website to explore other accommodation options.

If you have a question about the Melbourne Accommodation Program, please visit the University Accommodation website. If you require further information or are experiencing issues with your application, please contact Stop 1.

You might find some of these answers helpful