Ask - /faq/5216/academic-skills-services/Go back a step
Academic Skills Services
What services does Academic Skills offer?
Academic Skills supports all undergraduate, coursework graduate, and research higher degree students in their academic writing, time management, exam preparation, English language development and more. Academic Skills offers a range of free services:
- Online resources are available through the Resource Collection.
- More online interactive resources and moderated writing courses are offered via AIRport (for all students) and CourseWorks (for graduate coursework students).
- Workshops for all year levels and across University faculties can be booked through the Workshop Calendar.
English language workshops for students from non-English speaking backgrounds (ESL/EAL) are listed under "English for Academic Purposes (EAP)" at the Workshop List.
- The Diagnostic English Language Assessment (DELA) which helps you assess strengths and weaknesses in academic reading, writing and listening.
- 30 minute one-on-one individual appointments are available to students to assist with their study skills development. Please see here for more information or book a Stop 1 adviser.
- During semester, Academic Writing Drop-ins are available for all undergraduate and graduate coursework students (graduate research students should book an individual tutorial). No bookings are required and during a short appointment, a Peer Leader (Writing) will give you quick feedback on aspects of your academic writing. Drop-in sessions run from week 3 until the end of SWOT Vac each semester, Monday to Friday, 12-4pm. Visit the Academic Skills website for Drop-in locations.