Ask - /faq/5017/Go back a step
Updating Contact Details
How do I update my contact details?
The University of Melbourne requires each student to list two addresses (these may be the same):
- Contact address: your address during the University semester
- Home address: your permanent address that you can be contacted at during University holidays.
Please ensure that you nominate the address you want to have mail sent to by selecting: 'I want to make this my preferred mailing address'.
To update your contact details:
- Go to your Personal Details page in my.unimelb.
- Select Contact in the left menu.
- When you’re entering your contact information, such as your overseas permanent address, you must only use English characters.
- To register a new 'Contact' or 'Home' address, select 'Add New' and then enter your address details and click Save.
- To edit existing addresses, select Edit in the table next to the address you want to change. You can then enter your new address details and click Save.
- Next to your updated address, select the Make preferred box to ensure that mail from the University is sent to that address.
- Your addresses will be verified and updated.
Address verification error
If the address you entered can’t be verified, an option to ‘Use the unverified address entered instead’ will appear. If you are certain that you have correctly entered your address, select this option and click ‘Save’ to proceed.
No address saved in my.unimelb?
If you have no address saved as part of your contact details, you will not be able to add an address yourself. Please submit an enquiry to Stop 1 with your address details, and we will update your address for you. You will then be able to make future updates to your details via my.unimelb.
Student visa holders
If you are a student visa holder you must also update your contact details with the Department of Home Affairs. Further information is available from the Home Affairs website.