/ FAQ / Public Transport (Parkville)

Ask - /faq/3506/public-transport-parkville/

Go back a step

Public Transport (Parkville)

What Public transport is available to and from campus?


Trams run along Royal Parade and Swanston Street, both lines stop at Melbourne Central Station and Flinders Street Station, which provide links to the outer suburbs of Melbourne. Please check the Public Transport Victoria (PTV) website for additional details, including journey planning for travel to other campus locations. Swanston Street tram numbers are available here. Royal Parade tram numbers are available here.


There are also buses available to either the University of Melbourne such as Route 401 (North Melboure to University of Melbourne), or the corner of Lygon and Faraday Street, which is two blocks from the University.

Planning your Journey

You may find the VicTrip website useful for planning journeys on Public Transport around Melbourne.


Students must have a valid ticket when using public transport. This ticket is called a myki pass and can be used to travel on Melbourne's trains, trams and buses, V/Line commuter train services and buses in Seymour, Ballarat, Bendigo, Geelong, the Latrobe Valley and Warragul. The reusable smart card is easy to use. It is important to 'top up' your myki before your journey and then 'touch on and touch off' at a myki reader as you travel.  If you do not have a valid ticket when travelling on public transport you may incur a fine.  For more information, please visit the Public Transport Victoria website.


Taxis are available for booking or on request by calling: Yellow Cabs 13 2227.

Learn more about getting to the Parkville campus.