/ FAQ / Help with English

Ask - /faq/2803/help-with-english/

Go back a step

Help with English

Where can I get English study and language support?

Academic Skills supports students to develop their English language and study skills through workshopsonline resources and individual tutorials. To discuss any of the following with an Academic Skills adviser, book an individual tutorial through the Student Advising System:

  • Writing essays, reports or assignments
  • Analysing the question
  • Developing academic style and language
  • Academic English and grammar advice
  • Giving oral presentations
  • Listening skills and pronunciation
  • Structure and argumentation
  • Researching and note-taking
  • Critical and analytical thinking
  • Time management
  • Preparing for and writing in exams

To access this service:
w: http://services.unimelb.edu.au/academicskills/
e: academic-skills@unimelb.edu.au