/ FAQ / Emergency Counselling

Ask - /faq/1664/emergency-counselling/

Go back a step

Emergency Counselling

Where can I get emergency counselling?

Are you or someone else in immediate danger? If you are in an emergency:

  • Contact Campus Security on 8344 6666
  • Call the Police on 000
  • Go to your nearest hospital emergency department

Hospitals near the University include Royal Melbourne Hospital and St Vincent's Hospital.

If you need to speak to someone urgently during business hours, Counselling and Psychological Services (CAPS) are available to help. Call CAPS Reception at 8344 6927 and let CAPS know the situation needs urgent attention.

For urgent concerns after hours, please contact Lifeline on 13 11 14 or the Suicide Call Back Service on 1300 659 467. The emergency support page on the CAPS website also provides a list of other external services that can help.

CAPS Contact Details
Website: https://services.unimelb.edu.au/counsel/
Phone: (03) 8344 6927
Address: Level 5, 757 Swanston Street, Parkville VIC 3010