/ FAQ / Housing Tenancy Advice

Ask - /faq/1500/housing-tenancy-advice/

Go back a step

Housing Tenancy Advice

Where can I get Housing tenancy advice?

Free Tenancy Advice is available to all currently enrolled students at the University of Melbourne.

If you are experiencing difficulty with your:

  • landlord
  • real estate agent
  • student housing provider or
  • housemate/s,

then please book an appointment to see a Student Housing Adviser as soon as possible.

The Residential Tenancies Act 1997 (RTA) regulates the rental market in Victoria. In most situations, you automatically have tenancy rights and responsibilities under the RTA, regardless of whether you are a local or international student.

Student Housing Advisers are trained in Victorian tenancy law in order to assist you with all housing-related matters.  Please note: we do not provide advocacy at the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT).

For further information about Student Housing Services and to book an appointment click here